Positano - Amalfi - Ravello
Discover the gems of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. Set sail on a romantic tour of Capri on your private boat with a bottle of prosecco. Scout the ancient city of Pompeii and view the entire region from the pinnacle of Mt. Vesuvius. Wind through the heights and depths of the Amalfi Coast. This is your Amalfi Coast vacation package of a lifetime.
- Private Mercedes transfers to and from airports and train stations
- Reserved business class seats on high-speed trains
- Accommodation first and last night in selected boutique hotel in historic center of Rome
- Accommodation in select boutique hotel in Sorrento - 5 nights
- English-speaking local tour guides throughout your vacation
- All skip-the line tickets included
- Private introduction to Rome “Dolce Vita” Walking Tour evening of arrival
- Private Tour of Pompeii with lunch and wine tasting in Villa on Mt. Vesuvius
- Private Day Excursion to Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. Lunch on panoramic terrace in Ravello (not included)
- Selection of day-long excursion or walking tour for your "Design Your Own Italy" day (not included)
- Culinary experience at Agriturismo Fattoria Terranova
- Private Day Excursion with guide to the Island of Capri. Private Boat Tour around the island
- Private Walking Food and Wine Tour with sommelier in the Trastevere neighborhood
Welcome to Rome! Dolce Vita Tour
Your driver will await you at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci Airport and escort you by private car to your boutique hotel in Rome. After relaxing, you will be picked up by your private tour guide, who will accompany you on the “Dolce Vita" Tour. You'll uncover the secrets locked in Bernini's work, marvel at the Pantheon, the world's best-preserved ancient Roman monument, toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the Eternal City and simply enjoy Rome's charming streets in a leisurely Italian fashion. By the end of the tour, you will realize that your guide has not only shown you around Rome, but has taught you how to get around Rome almost like a native.
Explore Ancient Pompeii and Settle into Sorrento
Your private driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to Rome's train station for a high-speed train to Naples, where you will be met by another private driver for your destination - Pompeii. With its intact streets and buildings, many two stories tall, Pompeii is a trip back through time and into the world of people who were not all that different from today's. Whether enjoying an affluent citizen's life in spacious, frescoed houses centered around airy courtyards, or struggling along as a working stiff, eating on the go at a “fast food” restaurant and bathing in public baths, Pompeii's inhabitants lived their lives in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius, which will be your next stop, for lunch at the wine-producing Cantina del Vesuvio. Afterwards, your guide will take you up to the crater for a 20-minute walk to the rim and its amazing views of the Bay of Naples. Afterwards, you will be driven to your hotel in nearby Sorrento, where you will dine at a local restaurant, homemade limoncello hardly optional.
Let the Coast Awaken Your Spirit
Your experienced driver will handle the twists and turns of the winding roads of the Amalfi Peninsula while you sit back and enjoy the breathtaking views. In the tiny jewel of Positano, a small town that clings to a mountain rising from the sea, you will have the opportunity to take in the local style - white linen dresses, artisan sandals, jewelry - in charming courtyard markets, and the local refreshments - including true Italian lemon ice, or "granite al limone" made of fresh local lemons - at bars with terraces overlooking the sea. The colors are so bright and pure that you might have to pinch yourself to remember that this is real reality and not the virtual kind. From Positano you will be taken to Ravello, at the top of Mount Cerreto, where you will lunch at the most spectacular panoramic terrace you have ever seen, then stroll in the lovely gardens of Villa Ruffolo, home of the world-famous summer music festival. Wrap up the day in Amalfi, where you will visit the 11th century cathedral of Saint Andrew, the patron saint of the town.
Design Your Own Italy Day
Contact us for customizing options on this "Design Your Own Italy" day OR just relax and enjoy shopping or a day at the beach!
Private Cooking Class at Fattoria Terranova
You'll be picked up at your hotel and taken to the nearby farmhouse - Fattoria Terranova. The farm's olive and citrus groves and vineyards overlook the bay of Naples and Salerno, and are surrounded by lush vegetation. You'll start with a visit to the gardens to pick seasonal herbs and vegetables. Supplied with hats and aprons, you will then prepare and enjoy an authentic meal composed of appetizer, pasta dish, second course, dessert and farm-produced wine. Your driver will take you back - fully satisfied - to your hotel in Sorrento.
Dive into the Waters off Capri
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and accompany you to the port of Sorrento, where you will board the ferry to Capri. There, your private boat and captain will be waiting to escort you to a dreamy day in the waters of Capri. Be prepared to dive in the pristine waters of the world-famous grottos that encircle the base of the famed island. Your captain will navigate to secluded coves of aquamarine, turquoise, sapphire, and cobalt, and there's no need to bring towels, drinks, or snorkeling gear, as your captain will have them on board for you. Upon docking, dry off and meet your guide, who will accompany you in a private vehicle up the narrow road and hairpin curves to Anacapri. On the way, sneak a few peaks at the white-washed villas behind abundant flowers. A stroll at the top of the mountain to visit the famous Capri sandalmakers, a breathtaking view from the enchanting villa San Michele perched on the furthest edge overlooking the bay, and an optional funicular ride to the very top of the island complete your visit to Anacapri. After lunch, your guide will accompany you on a walking tour of the town of Capri and its port.
Return to Rome and Private Walking Food and Wine Tour
After a relaxing breakfast, your driver will pick you up and accompany you to the train station in Naples for your high-speed train to Rome. You will be met by a private driver who will accompany you to your hotel in the historic center. That evening you’ll enjoy a food and wine walking tour with a sommelier in trendy Trastevere, a neighborhood that's a bit of old-time Greenwich Village or Paris’s Left Bank, but Italian more than anything else. Your Own Italy’s guided 4-hour walking tour will take you through this photogenic neighborhood by night. You’ll sample a sumptuous blend of Italian classics like pizza and pasta, real Roman street food, less-known meats and cheeses, and amazing wine in a secret cellar – its history will blow you away. Few activities in Rome deliver as many hidden surprises and enchanting moments as this.
Your driver will pick you up with plenty of time to make your flight. Rome salutes you with a warm and heartfelt “Arrivederci!" See you again! Now that you’ve traveled with Your Own Italy, you have friends here in Rome.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered, shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags on tours that include churches as storage is not always available
- Please wear comfortable footwear as the tours on your vacation involve a lot of walking
- The team at Your Own Italy is absolutely flexible and will customize your vacation to suit your personal needs. Are you traveling with children? We will provide the necessary assistance to adjust our packages to ensure that your vacation is truly memorable!
- Contact Your Own Italy for customization options on your vacation
- Refer to our website for details on our Cancellation Policy
- When should we start planning our trip?
- Ideally, we ask for at least 3 months' advance notice, especially in the high season (May through September). Arrangements can be made on shorter notice, but you run the risk of missing out on the availability of our favorite hotels and guides. We want the best for our clients, and the more time we have, the more we can guarantee just that.
- What are Your Own Italy's payment terms?
- For our customized vacations, we require a 20% deposit upon approval of the itinerary we have presented to you. The balance is due 45 days prior to your arrival date.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Upon submitting your reservation through our website, you will be provided with an invoice with a link to be used for payment by credit card on the online portal of PayPal, our credit card processor.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
- We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking, in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds or in the unfortunate case of injury or loss. We offer travel insurance through out partner, Allianz.
- What kind of information will we receive before our trip?
- Approximately one month prior to your departure date, you will receive a Your Own Italy travel packet consisting of a detailed day-to-day itinerary, our list of recommended restaurants, a “Helpful Hints Guide” for Italy, and your specific destinations, plus detailed information and contacts for your accommodations, tours, excursions, and transportation.
- Can you give me a cost breakdown of my customized vacation and what is included?
- The vacations we create are bundled packages and therefore we do not provide a cost breakdown. Our local suppliers give us bundled prices for the services provided and we do the same for our clients. We arrange for all your accommodations, transportation, local tour guides, restaurant reservations, and any other fun activities and experiences from the moment you arrive until the day of your departure.