This is private travel, perfected.
Your Own Italy is proud to offer unique, tailored vacations throughout Italy for couples, families, and friends. We seek to create unforgettable vacations customized to make your trip unique.
Our clients are travelers who want to be guided during their time in Italy but do not want to be part of a group. Our experience of over 30 years in Italy allows us to personally share with clients the country we have come to know and love.
Here’s what we do:
We work with you to understand what areas of Italy you want to visit, where you want to stay, what you want to see, how busy your itinerary should be, and what your budget is in order to design a customized vacation.
Once the cities and areas to be visited are identified, the next step is to decide on accommodations. Many of our clients opt for 4-star boutique family-owned hotels in historic city centers, others prefer apartment accommodations with kitchens for a more live-like-a-local experience, and some clients prefer a mix-and-match approach. For the luxury traveler, we partner with the best 5-star hotels throughout Italy.
Once you've chosen the accommodations, we'll plan the itinerary. Would you like a private tour every day? Every other day? Would you prefer a private driver or reserved train tickets on high-speed trains? What about hands-on cooking classes, wine tastings, shopping excursions? A week in a villa in Tuscany? Perhaps a private boat tour around Capri? Whether it’s a "see as much as possible" itinerary or a more relaxed "explore some on our own" experience, the result is the same: stress-free travel where all the details are taken care of ahead of time.
Your Own Italy is based in the Washington D.C. area with a branch office in Rome where all operations are conducted. Once you arrive, a staff member will be assigned to you to follow through on your itinerary daily, taking care of all logistics, last-minute requests and questions or issues that may arise. So, although you are traveling independently, our 24/7 concierge staff is at your service! Your Own Italy combines the luxury and choices of private travel with the hassle-free convenience of a tour. It is international travel perfected!
- When should we start planning our trip?
- Ideally, we ask for at least 3 months' advance notice, especially in the high season (May through September). Arrangements can be made on shorter notice, but you run the risk of missing out on the availability of our favorite hotels and guides. We want the best for our clients, and the more time we have, the more we can guarantee just that.
- What are Your Own Italy's payment terms?
- For our customized vacations, we require a 20% deposit upon approval of the itinerary we have presented to you. The balance is due 45 days prior to your arrival date.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Upon submitting your reservation through our website, you will be provided with an invoice with a link to be used for payment by credit card on the online portal of PayPal, our credit card processor.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
- We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking, in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds or in the unfortunate case of injury or loss. We offer travel insurance through out partner, Allianz.
- What kind of information will we receive before our trip?
- Approximately one month prior to your departure date, you will receive a Your Own Italy travel packet consisting of a detailed day-to-day itinerary, our list of recommended restaurants, a “Helpful Hints Guide” for Italy, and your specific destinations, plus detailed information and contacts for your accommodations, tours, excursions, and transportation.
- Can you give me a cost breakdown of my customized vacation and what is included?
- The vacations we create are bundled packages and therefore we do not provide a cost breakdown. Our local suppliers give us bundled prices for the services provided and we do the same for our clients. We arrange for all your accommodations, transportation, local tour guides, restaurant reservations, and any other fun activities and experiences from the moment you arrive until the day of your departure.