A dash of Rome followed by private tours of Florence and its museums, including the Uffizi's unparalleled collection and Michelangelo's David at the Accademia. Wine tasting and cooking classes in the true Tuscan tradition in Chianti. All customized with private car, tour guide and custom options, of course! Welcome to Tuscany.
- Private Mercedes transfers to and from airports and train stations
- Reserved business class seats on high-speed trains
- Accommodations first and last night in selected boutique hotel in historic center of Rome
- Accommodation in selected apartment in historic center of Florence - 3 nights and selected agriturismo in Chianti - 2 nights
- English-speaking local tour guides throughout your vacation
- All skip-the-line tickets included
- Private Introduction to Rome "Dolce Vita" Walking Tour evening of arrival
- Private Introduction to Florence Walking Tour and the Accademia Gallery
- Private Tour of the Piazza della Signoria and Uffizi Gallery
- Private Cooking Class in Chianti Villa followed by visit to San Gimignano
- Private Walking Tour of Siena including the Cathedral and the Piazza del Campo
Welcome to Rome! Dolce Vita Walking Tour
Your driver will be waiting for you at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci Airport and will escort you by private car to your boutique hotel in Rome. After relaxing, you will be picked up by your private tour guide who will accompany you on your “Dolce Vita" Tour. You'll uncover the secrets locked in Bernini's work, marvel at the Pantheon, Rome's best-preserved ancient monument, toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the Eternal City, and simply enjoy Rome's charming streets in a leisurely Italian fashion. By the end of the tour, you will realize that your guide has not only shown you around Rome, but has taught you how to get around Rome almost like a native.
Arrival in Florence, Walking City Tour and the Accademia Gallery
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel and accompany you to Rome's train station for a high-speed train to Florence. You will be met at the station in Florence by a private driver who will accompany you to your hotel or apartment for check-in. After you relax, your private tour guide will take you on an afternoon tour of the historic center that will include the gothic cathedral dedicated to Santa Maria del Fiore and the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo's incomparable David.
Tour of the Piazza della Signoria and the Uffizi Gallery
Your private tour guide will take you on a walking tour of the Piazza della Signoria and its many sculptures. The graceful Loggia dei Lanzi houses the famous sculptures of Perseus Holding Medusa's Head, by Cellini (1554), and the Rape of the Sabine Women, by Giambologna. The tour continues with a private tour of the magnificent Uffizi Gallery, where every piece of art is a Renaissance masterpiece, and then you will relax with a glass of prosecco on the terrace overlooking the Piazza della Signoria.
Tour of Pisa and Visit to Lucca
Your driver will pick you up at your accommodations in Florence and take you to Pisa, where your private guide will be waiting for you. You'll visit the Piazza del Duomo, also known as the Piazza dei Miracoli. The Duomo is a splendid eleventh century Romanesque cathedral built using fantastic spoils captured in expeditions against the Muslims in Sicily. The marble Baptistery is a majestic circular-plan Romanesque building started in 1153, and the Leaning Tower is one of the most beautiful and famous bell towers in the world. This tower was in trouble from the start; its architect, Nicola Pisano, managed to complete only three tiers before the structure started to lean. With your reserved ticket in hand, you’ll reach the top of the tower for a truly memorable experience. After lunch in the nearby town of Lucca, your driver will take you back to Florence.
Transfer to Chianti Villa with stopover in Countryside for Lunch
Your private driver will pick you up and take you through the region of Chianti, lying between Florence and Siena, and bordered on the east by the Chianti Mountains and the west by the Elsa River; this wine region boasts rolling hills covered with vineyards and cypresses, an unhurried pace of life and charming villages. On the way, you'll enjoy lunch in a selected countryside restaurant before arriving at Villa Mormoraia overlooking the towers of San Gimignano. The Villa, once a convent, is now an elegant farm with 25 unique rooms run by the Passoni family. The vineyards and olive groves surrounding the farmhouse produce wines and olive oil that rank among the most valuable and appreciated worldwide. You'll enjoy the home-made breakfast, swimming pool next to the portico with panoramic view, and evening tastings of the excellent wines produced by Mormoraia.
Cooking Class at Villa Machiavelli and a Visit to San Gimignano
This relaxing day begins with a drive to the celebrated Machiavelli Villa Winery for a private cooking class. Your private chef will introduce you to the secrets of traditional Tuscan farmhouse cuisine, and you'll enjoy the results of your culinary adventure on a picturesque terrace with samples of the wine produced at the Villa. Afterwards, your driver will take you to the medieval gem of San Gimignano, the “city of beautiful towers." In its heyday, the town boasted 72 towers. Now 14 remain, and, rising above Tuscany’s Elsa Valley, they give the town the appearance of a medieval dream. You'll visit Piazza della Cisterna and Piazza del Duomo Collegiata with its Romanesque cathedral. There will also be time to visit shops, browse the lovely Santa Fina pottery and other handmade products, and purchase some saffron, a local culinary specialty.
Tour of Siena and Transfer to Rome
Your driver will pick you up at the Villa after your leisurely breakfast and take you to Siena for a private tour. You'll walk through Siena's charming small streets and famous Piazza del Campo, designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. The impressive 13th century cathedral is a splendid example of Italian Romanesque-Gothic architecture. After lunch at a selected restaurant, your driver will take you back to you to Rome where you will check in to your boutique hotel in the historic center.
Your driver will pick you up with plenty of time to make your flight. Italy salutes you with a warm and heartfelt "Arrivederci!" See you again! Now that you’ve travelled with Your Own Italy, you have friends in Rome.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered, shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags on tours that include churches as storage is not always available
- Please wear comfortable footwear as the tours on your vacation involve a lot of walking
- The team at Your Own Italy is absolutely flexible and will customize your vacation to suit your personal needs. Are you traveling with children? We will provide the necessary assistance to adjust our packages to ensure that your vacation is truly memorable!
- Contact Your Own Italy for customization options on your vacation
- Refer to our website for details on our Cancellation Policy
- When should we start planning our trip?
- Ideally, we ask for at least 3 months' advance notice, especially in the high season (May through September). Arrangements can be made on shorter notice, but you run the risk of missing out on the availability of our favorite hotels and guides. We want the best for our clients, and the more time we have, the more we can guarantee just that.
- What are Your Own Italy's payment terms?
- For our customized vacations, we require a 20% deposit upon approval of the itinerary we have presented to you. The balance is due 45 days prior to your arrival date.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Upon submitting your reservation through our website, you will be provided with an invoice with a link to be used for payment by credit card on the online portal of PayPal, our credit card processor.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
- We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking, in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds or in the unfortunate case of injury or loss. We offer travel insurance through out partner, Allianz.
- What kind of information will we receive before our trip?
- Approximately one month prior to your departure date, you will receive a Your Own Italy travel packet consisting of a detailed day-to-day itinerary, our list of recommended restaurants, a “Helpful Hints Guide” for Italy, and your specific destinations, plus detailed information and contacts for your accommodations, tours, excursions, and transportation.
- Can you give me a cost breakdown of my customized vacation and what is included?
- The vacations we create are bundled packages and therefore we do not provide a cost breakdown. Our local suppliers give us bundled prices for the services provided and we do the same for our clients. We arrange for all your accommodations, transportation, local tour guides, restaurant reservations, and any other fun activities and experiences from the moment you arrive until the day of your departure.
Please read our Vacation Package Cancellation Policy by clicking on the following link: Cancellation Policy here.